The Represent project implementation guide is a document for users of the service, intended to facilitate the implementation and operation , within your organization, of the electronic register of powers of attorney in compliance with the provisions of Law 39/2015, d 1 October, of the common administrative procedure of public administrations and Royal Decree 203/2021, of 30 March, which approves the regulations for the performance and operation of the public sector by electronic means.
This Guide makes a series of recommendations for each of the following actions:
- What is an electronic power of attorney record?
- The discharge to the service.
- Parameterize Represents.
- Aspects linked to files, procedures and forms.
- Staff training.
- Operation of the service.
It is drawn up on the basis of the practical experiences of several Catalan Public Administrations, and contains questions of a technical, organizational and procedural nature. You also have access to the Support portal for more information on other service issues.
The Electronic Register of Powers of Attorney, created by Law 39/2015, of 1 October (art. 6), allows to register the representations that citizens, professionals and companies grant to third parties to act on their behalf before the Public Administrations. The Representa is a common electronic register of powers of attorney for all service users (more information: What is the Representa and what does it do? ).
The Representative is only one of the different legally valid ways to certify that a person is a representative of another (art.5 Law 39/2015, of October 1) (more information: What is and what does the Represent? section "Is registration mandatory in order to accredit a representation?").
The Representa service has two environments, apart from the possibility of integration via web service:
- Public employee portal: through EACAT for:
- Manage representations on behalf of citizens (registrations, terminations and acceptances).
- Consult representations in an administrative procedure.
- Citizenship portal: through a personalized url for each entity, for the management of representations by citizens and companies. In relation to the subjects obliged to relate electronically with the administration, they must use this route. (More information: How is a representation created? section "Companies must manage representations electronically"?.
What is not the Representative?
- It is not a register of qualified officials. (More information: What is and what does the Representa do? section "Does the representation of an authorized official need to be registered at Representa?").
- It is not an administrative record. (More information: What is and what does Representa do? section "Is the Representa service an administrative record?").
- It is not a record of associations. (More information: What is Representa and what does it do? section "Does Representa allow incorporation of representations collected in registers of municipal associations?").
- Decalogue of the Representative: 10 ideas for getting to know the service
- Representations and capabilities. (More information: What is a representation? section "Types of proxies").
- What states do the representations have? (More information: What is a representation? section "What are the possible states of a representation").
- Is it integrated with Apodera, the Mercantile and Property Registry? (More information: What is and what does the Representative do? section "Is it integrated with Power of Attorney, the Mercantile and Property Registry?".
Consult Let's get started with Representa section "How can I request the Representa service?" to register.
To fill out the registration form, decide :
- Which catalog will you use :
- How to use the service :
- Direct users.
- Integration with own systems , as indicated in section 5. Integrations .
Please note that submitting the form through EACAT involves:
- The acceptance of the General Conditions for the provision of services of the AOC Consortium (in most cases it will already be approved for the use of other services) and of the specific Conditions of the service Represents .
- The approval of the Agreement of co-responsibility in the processing of personal data. More information: Let's start with the Representative section "Co-responsibility agreement".
It is recommended that the competent body of yours approves the creation of the Register of Qualified Officials and, if applicable, the corresponding regulation: the people who will act as service managers and carry out processing handled by REPRESENTA must have this role (as and as indicated in section 3. How to parameterize REPRESENTA ).
In the future, REPRESENTA will be integrated with the RFH and processing will only be allowed for users who are verified to be registered with the RFH.
Once you have been notified that the registration has been completed correctly, and before starting to use the service, configure Representa (more information: Let's start with Representa section "First steps with Representa").
You will need to provide the following information necessary for its operation:
- Agency details - set up your agency details, which allow service documentation to be auto-populated. This task can be performed by the administrator of the service, which encompasses all functionalities. (More information: Let's start with the Represents section "Data configuration of the entity").
- Procedure data : if you opt for the generic catalog offered from the service, no action is required ; instead, if you opt for your own procedure catalog, you must customize it and upload it to the service (the entire catalog can be uploaded and then partially modified procedures and/or families). (More information: How can I manage the catalog of procedures? section "Adding families and procedures to the catalog of procedures via file").
Currently it is possible to have your own catalog, the service trend will be the use of a single catalog.
This task can be done by:
- Service Administrator: Includes all roles
- Administrator of the institution: allows you to manage your own catalog.
- User roles: the EACAT user manager of your institution must assign roles to the people using the service (validator, manager, consultant, institution administrator and service administrator). (More information: Let's start with Representa section "First steps with Representa").
It is advisable to provide the role with more extensive functionalities that is needed and that, the people who will carry out the processing provided (it is not necessary for authentic copies, which can be with an organ seal), must have the relevant qualification.
- Seu-e: incorporate the link of the citizenship portal, which is provided to you at the time of registration, in your electronic headquarters, to promote and spread the electronic management of representations. Consult the list of those registered with the service, and the data relating to the protection of personal data. (More information: Let's start with Representa section "Registered to Representa").
The implementation of Representa may involve the modification of the flows of files, procedures and forms to include the consultation of the representations that may be registered with the service. For that:
- Identify the affected procedures , those that are likely to be formulated by a person representing a third party.
- Analyze the variables and requirements to be incorporated into the files, procedures and/or forms and templates associated with the files and procedures. It is important to define the new needs and variables to incorporate. In this sense, we recommend that you analyze whether or not registration with the Representative is necessary (More information: What are the implications of registration with the Representative? Warning model when encouraging registration ).
- If necessary, implement appropriate modifications to applications, forms and templates, consisting of including fields relating to representations, to facilitate settlement numbers, etc.
This process may result in the need to establish specific forms to grant representations and powers of attorney (you have at your disposal the models offered by default by the service in How do you create a representation? section "Obtain document templates") .
If you opt for integration, please evaluate the integration of Representa functionality into your case manager and other e-government services where representation is relevant. It is about analyzing the requirements for integration and, depending on the result of this analysis, implementing it. It is important that you read the integration documentation and analyze the different modes of consumption provided (REPRESENTA_VALIDATION / REPRESENTA_CONSULTATION / REPRESENTA_MODIFICATION / REPRESENTA_ALTA).
You must determine which are the modes of consumption you will use (registration management and/or representation consultation at the BBDD) and provide the relevant information to the AOC , as it will be used automatically from the service.
The next step is to start the technical integration tasks.
If in the application you asked us to use the service via EACAT but at some point, you decide to consume it through integration, in one of its consumption modes, you only have to request it through the usual channels .
More information on support for integrators can be found on the service's website.
It is recommended that , after performing the previous actions, you test the correct operation of the service before putting it into operation.
You can test the functionalities through a pilot , selecting groups likely to be frequent users of the service or, a procedure (or family of procedures) that can generate a high volume of registrations and subsequent actions by the proxies or representatives.
It is also advisable to draw up and execute a Training Plan for the staff of the organization that will use the service. To do it:
- Determine the collectives to form .
- Review the Representative Support Portal materials.
- Take the Representa virtual course
- Sign up for the AOC trainings (if you consider it appropriate)
- Prepare your own training materials (if applicable), both regarding the operation of the service and practical aspects (more information, in section 9. Operation of the service ).
- Determine the training schedule (if applicable), without prejudice to other sessions that may be organized.
If you have a provision of a general nature that develops the provisions of Law 39/2015, of 1 October (for example, a General Ordinance on electronic administration), analyze whether it is necessary to modify it, or not, to include issues relating to the electronic registration of powers of attorney.
If you do not have one, assess whether some aspects of the electronic power of attorney record may be subject to specific regulation.
If you are a user of Representa, please consider the technical aspects of the service that may be related to this regulation (for example, the necessary acceptance of the representation) and evaluate the adaptation.
Decree 76/2020, of August 4, on digital administration , with regard to the Administration of the Generalitat of Catalonia, or the electronic administration type Ordinance drawn up by LOCALRET, for local bodies, are 2 examples of provisions that have to develop the provisions relating to the electronic registration of powers of attorney in the respective areas.
- Management of registrations/resignations/acceptances:
- Tasks to be faced by the OAMR with the role of the Manager (which also includes the functions of the consultant).
- The OAMRs must obligatorily assist citizens and other non-obligated subjects in the management of registrations, terminations and acceptances through the portal of the public employee or the personalized portal of the entity, therefore, the staff assigned must have the necessary roles and the relevant training for both the tool itself and the procedure to follow.
- The OAMR should also be able to make authentic copies of paper documents, even in the case of subjects obliged to the electronic relationship. More information: How do you validate a representation that requires document review? section "Documentation to attach to a representation".
- Registrations must always be accepted or validated, so a registration is never registered directly.
- Acceptance: by the representative. More information: How are “Pending Acceptance” representations handled? section "How to manage a request for acceptance by a representative?".
- Validation: by the validator (when there is attached documentation to be validated). More information: How to validate a representation that requires review of documentation? section "Which representations must be validated"?.
- Attended processing is a mechanism of assistance to interested parties that can also be used to urge ex officio representations.
- The representative's certificate is a mechanism of accreditation of the representation, therefore it is not necessary to register the representation with the Representative.
- Validation of representations with attached documentation to be validated:
- Those representations that are in Pending Validation status, must be reviewed and validated or denied by the Validator role (which also contains the functions of the Consultant role)
- The validator role must be assigned to people with a legal profile who can analyze the supporting documentation and can issue the validation report. More information: How do you validate a representation that requires document review? section "Which representations must be validated"?.
- Given that the Representa is a collaborative register, the validation report issued by a user body serves the rest of the service's users. More information: How do you validate a representation that requires document review? section "Who validates the representations made when they require validation?".
- Consultation of representations:
- It is the verification of whether there is a valid representation between two people (natural and/or legal) for the performance of a specific procedure on a specific date.
- The query can be performed automatically via integration or manually, from the consulting user
- It allows you to obtain evidence in xml of the existence of this representation, and shortly, evidence in pdf, which must be downloaded and saved in the corresponding administrative file. More information: How can I make representation inquiries?
When you put the service into operation, you can advertise it on your website, newsletters, organize dissemination days, etc., for example, to groups of large users and in the course of procedures likely to generate registrations (the same assumptions as the piloting of section 7. Tests and staff training ).
It is also recommended that you enable assistance points, enabled spaces to assist interested parties when they urge the registration of representations.
In case it helps, the AOC support portal has a support section for citizens and it is recommended to spread it among citizens.
For more information about Representa, see the service's support portal .